- When you have reason to believe that the client doesn’t care about the deadlines
- When you know that you can earn a larger commission by going over the deadlines
- When the log is completely outdated, seems to be from a different project, and does not reflect any of the tasks you have discussed with the project manager and supervisory committee
- When you are bored with the client’s sales process and dislike their sales leaders
- You should never ignore deadlines. If you think something is incorrect, clarify it with the project manager and supervisory committee before deciding to ignore it.
When is it okay to ignore deadlines in your running log of implementation tasks?