One of the most uncomfortable things that can happen is to have the feeling of “stuffiness” unable to breathe properly. This phenomenon is particularly common when winter or spring comes, because of allergies. It occurs throughout the day, but is especially annoying in the hours of sleep that produces snoring and continuous feeling of discomfort in the throat. Here we have the best home remedies for nasal congestion.
Nasal congestion suffering some people probably because they are immersed in a cold process. However, we should pay attention to this congestion if becomes chronic, since there are other factors that trigger it.
Causes and symptoms of nasal congestion
Nasal congestion occurs when the lining of the nose becomes inflamed, not by accumulation of mucus as some people think. It is not a disease itself, but a symptom of another disorder such as cold, which usually occurs in the months of fall and winter when the temperature drops.
It can be caused by a flu or a common cold and acute sinusitis lasts about a week. The feeling in these days is discomfort, discomfort and excess mucus, but not serious because when cured, the nose is cleared.
Natural cold remedies
Nasal congestion can also be caused by allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis or anatomical problems, such as formation of polyps or a deviated nasal septum. Other factors include the inhalation of cigarette smoke, irritants, indoors or environmental contamination.
The most common symptoms associated nasal congestion are: ear fullness or sensation of deafness, headache, fatigue and snoring to sleep.
Some recommendations to prevent or relieve nasal congestion:
- Avoid drinking milk or chocolate , as it causes increased production of mucus.
- Do not go to the pool as chlorinated water irritates the mucous membranes of the nose and worsen the condition.
- Do not use menthol ointments because they cause more irritation.
- If you suffer from severe headaches and nasal congestion while attending doctor because you may have sinusitis.
- Drink plenty of fluids every day, water, juices or wines are always good ideas.
- Siguir a diet rich in vitamin C: orange, lemon, tomato, kiwi, spinach, etc.
- Quit or minimizes the snuff
- Sleeping with a high pillow or two
- Avoid taking medication, decongestant drops or sprays, because shrink blood vessels and excessive use causes more congestion
- Use humidifiers in the rooms or home or work environments to the nasal mucosa does not dry
- Home Remedies for nasal congestion
- Peel a clove of garlic and chew. Swallow carefully. Repeat first before sleeping every day.
- Pour a tablespoon of sea salt in two cups of distilled water warmed. Apply in the nostrils with a dropper, you can breathe better.
- Eating a bowl of soup hot, to hydrate the mucous membranes and steam help reduce inflammation
- Apply hot compresses with a cloth over your nose and sinuses. Repeat first three times daily and maintain five minutes each application
- Squeeze the juice of a tomato and mix with a clove of raw garlic and chopped. Add half a teaspoon of hot sauce and drink when they appear the first signs of discomfort
- Pour a teaspoon of mallow leaves in a cup of boiling water, add a few drops of propolis. Cover, sift and let cool briefly. Drinking a cup hot or warm.
- Place a handful of flax seeds in the coals and breathe that smoke for a few minutes.
- Place a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl of hot water (better boiling). Approximate the face as close as possible and let the vapors from entering your nose. Cover the head with a towel and hold for a few minutes.
- Wash and chop a spicy radish. Place in a blender with a little water, mix well and drink once a day for a week or the time it takes to go congestion.
- Place in a pan a little water to a boil. Pour a handful of leaves and lavender flowers and a handful of leaves of mint .
- Boil a little more, turn off heat and cover. Place the pot on the table, cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors.
- Pour a tablespoon of root ginger grated in a cup of boiling water. Drinking two to three cups per day.
- Hiervir a cup of water and remove from heat, then add a pinch of marjoram, chamomile and other third thyme. Cover and let stand ten minutes. Strain and drink. Up to four cups a day are allowed. There is the possibility to sweeten with a tablespoon of honey.
- Place in a bowl vinegar and water in equal parts. Add half a clove of garlic. Simmer and when it starts to boil inhale the vapors for 10 minutes maximum.
- Hiervir in a pot twelve o’clock tablespoons of eucalyptus oil and twelve hemp oil. Breathe the fumes. The fire should be well under to prevent burning.
- Make an infusion of laurel, sage and cinnamon with warm water. Drinking easy once I schools.
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons of honey and a glass of water. Let stand three minutes and drink immediately.